We are proud to announce that Bartholomew Medical Group is the lucky winner of Farla’s spring draw for a weekend away for two in the city of Prague
Terms & Conditions
1. Conditions Applicable
These Conditions shall apply to and govern all contracts for the sale of goods entered into by the Company. All conditions
of the Customer or other terms and conditions whether communicated before or after these Conditions are excluded unless
expressly accepted by the Company in writing, and these Conditions shall be deemed to be incorporated in any quotation received
from the Company, and the Customer’s own conditions shall not be regarded as a counter offer.
Except as expressly stated in writing, the Company makes no representation as to the fitness of purpose or suitability of
any goods sold for any purposes whatsoever. The Customer acknowledges that neither the Company nor its employees have any
professional or medical qualifications to advise as to fitness for purpose or suitability. The Customer acknowledges that no
representatives have been made by the Company other than those incorporated in the Company’s catalogue, quotation and these
Conditions and that goods have been selected and ordered by the Customer using his own skill and judgement.
- A quotation by the Company shall not constitute an offer and there shall be no binding contract until the company has accepted the order by fulfilling the order. A quotation shall be valid only for the period stated, and if no period is stated, for 30 days from the date of quotation.
- The Company reserves the right to alter any specification or any goods and to withdraw the availability of any goods without notification.
- Unless otherwise specifically stated, all prices quoted by the Company are exclusive of Value Added Tax, which shall be due at the retain force on the date of the Company’s invoice to the Customer. Additional carriage charges will be levied on certain bulky items delivered in Scotland and Offshore Islands.
4. Overseas Orders
- We welcome orders from anywhere in the world. Please remember carriage will vary on destination, weight and method of shipment. Please contact Customer Services for information.
- When ordering goods for the delivery outside the United Kingdom you may be subject to import duties and taxes which are levied once the goods reach the specified destination. Any additional charges for Customs Clearance must be paid by you. Just Care Group Ltd has no control over these charges and cannot predict what they may be. It is the purchasers’ responsibility to comply with laws and regulations in the country of destination.
- The seller’s policy is to dispatch goods within 24 hours of receiving an order, however this can vary subject to stock availability. Times quoted are in good faith, but shall not be binding. The seller can accept no responsibility for transport delays causing late delivery. Some furniture orders may take up to 6 to 8 weeks for delivery, or up to 12 weeks for special order items. Extra handling charge may be incurred for re-dispatched parcels.
- Additional carriage charges may apply to offshore islands
6. Cancellation and Variation
No cancellation, suspension or variation by the Customer of any order submitted to the Company shall be valid unless agreed by the Company in writing. The Company reserves the right to levy a cancellation or amendment charge as a condition of their agreement.
7. The Price and Payment
- All prices shown in this catalogue exclude VAT.
- The price to be paid by the Customer shall be the sum[s] shown by the Company’s invoices[s]. This shall be based on the sum quoted to the Customer, but in any event the Company reserves the right to amend the price of goods at any time without notice.
- For account customers, payment of the price and VAT shall be due within 30 days of the date of the Company’s invoice unless a different time for payment is specifically agreed between the parties in writing. Time for payment must be made without set-off or credit.
- Customers without credit accounts are required to tender full payment with their order for goods. Payments are accepted by cheque, Visa or MasterCard or debit card.
- Please ask for carriage charges on the following items; portable, hydraulic and electric couches, large chairs, reception desks and other large and heavy furniture items.
- If the customer is in default in paying any sum as and when it becomes due, the Company shall have the right to suspend all further deliveries until the default is made good and/or to cancel the contract so far as any goods remain to be delivered there under.
- In the event that the customer fails to pay any monies by the due date, all monies payable by the Customer shall become immediately due and payable. The Company shall be entitled to charge interest on outstanding monies both before and after Judgement from the due date to the date of actual payment at the rate of 4% per annum over the base rate of Barclays Bank. Where the circumstances of the parties are such that the Late Payment of Commercial Debts Act 1998 is applicable, the Company may choose to charge interest at the maximum rate permissible under that Act. The customer shall also indemnify the Company against expenditure on all costs of recovery including without limitation legal fees, costs and disbursements reasonably incurred. Any banking charges incurred by the Company in respect of dishonoured cheques will be payable by the Customer.
- All items remain the property of Farla medical until paid for in full.
8. Title and Risk
- The risk in goods sold to the Customer shall pass to the Customer upon tender for delivery.
- Title in the goods or any part thereof shall only pass to the Customer when payment in full for all goods whatsoever supplied by the Company has been made.
9. Restriction of Liability
- All goods must be checked by the Customer at the time of delivery as signature of a consignment note without endorsement may constitute acceptance.
- In the event that the customer is not satisfied with the goods, but the goods are not defective within the meaning of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 [as amended], the company reserves the return of the goods in their absolute discretion.
- If goods are accepted for return, acceptance is subject to the customer accepting and pursuing the following procedure and conditions:
- The customer must telephone the Company’s Customer Service Team on 08451085108 and advise the reason for their dissatisfaction;
- No later than 7 days from the date of delivery, the intention to seek a return of the goods must be confirmed in writing to the Company;
- The Company will provide a Returns Note which must be used to accompany the goods;
- Goods must be returned in their original condition and packaging and must be accompanied by a copy of the original invoice.
- It is at the discretion of Farla Medical as to how the goods are to be returned, if Farla Medical are at fault we will organise the return of the product. If it is an error of the customer it is their responsibility to organise the return. This can be arranged via Farla Medical for small stock items for £12.50 from the UK mainland.
- Items which are stock items may or may not be credited at the companies’ discretion, but under no circumstances will credit be given on non stock items, e.g. furniture, fridges, bags, lighting and other large equipment, unless agreed by Farla Medical and the suppliers.
- Goods received back in a non saleable condition and without an RGA will not be credited.
- The Company reserves the right to raise a 15% handling charge or restocking fee but in some circumstances this may be higher up to 40% as agreed with suppliers.
- Under no circumstances will goods be accepted for return if they are damaged, subject to improper handling or abuse, have been partly opened or used or the seals and labels have been removed or tampered with.
- The Company accepts no responsibility for goods lost or damaged during returned transit.
- In the event that an item is defective within the meaning of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 [as amended] the Company reserves the right to replace or repair the goods as an alternative to refunding the cost, at its absolute discretion.
- The Company shall not in any event be liable for indirect or consequential loss or damage, being loss or damage which does not directly and naturally flow from the supply or goods or materials, including without limitation loss of profits, of use, overhead costs, collateral damage or of contracts arising out of the supply or failure of supply of goods or services by the Company [other than liability for death or personal injury resulting from the negligence of the Company] and whether arising from the breach of contract, negligence or for any other liability howsoever arising, whether by statute or otherwise.
- In all other cases [being cases of direct and natural losses or damage] it is specifically provided and agreed that the compensation and damages payable under any claim or claims arising out of the contract between the parties under whatsoever pretext shall not under any circumstances amount in aggregate to more than the contract price of the goods forming the subject of the claim or claims.
- No liability for such direct losses or damage shall attach to the Company unless details of such losses are notified to the Company in writing within 3 days of the date of delivery of the goods, or the date of the event giving rise to such loss if its not apparent upon the date of delivery. In cases of alleged non-delivery, it is a condition of acceptance of any claim that claims are notified to the Company within 30 days of the anticipated delivery date so that appropriate action can be pursued by the Company.
- For the avoidance of doubt, nothing in this agreement shall confer on any third party nay benefit or the right to enforce any terms of this agreement.
Goods are sold on the understanding that they will be used for their intended purpose. No responsibility will be accepted
by the seller, for trained r untrained personnel without qualified supervision using or mis-using equipment supplied by the
seller. All offers in this catalogue are subject to stock availability. The seller reserves the right to restrict or refuse
any orders for application of credit at any time. The seller takes special care to show correct sizes and specifications and
such descriptions, whilst given as a guide in good faith are subject to alteration by the seller without notice. All colours
are as near as the printing process will allow.
11. Force Majeure
If the Company is hindered or prevented from fulfilling any contractual obligation due to any cause beyond their reasonable
control or by their inability to produce any goods, the Company may at its absolute discretion delay the performance of or
cancel the whole or any part of the contract without incurring any liability whatsoever.
All items are guaranteed according to manufacturer’s warranty. All glass items are specifically excluded from this guarantee.
These Terms and Conditions and all contracts entered into them are governed by and are to be construed in accordance with
thelaws of England and Wales. You agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales in relation to any
contract entered into under these Terms and Conditions.
No goods may be returned in the case of non stock items and other items are at the discretion of the company. Re-stocking
fees may apply.
14. Price Match Promise
If within 7 days of purchasing you find any like product at a lower price Farla Medical will refund the difference. The
Farla Price Match Promise is only applicable to equipment and consumables, and does not include pharmaceuticals.
15. Special offers
Special offers and discounts are not available in conjunction with any other offers.
16. Loyalty points and Vouchers
Farla Medical (FAR) offer their customers the opportunity to enrol in a loyalty points scheme that allows them to earn
points every time they buy from Farla and to then convert these points into vouchers that can be used to pay for sales orders,
within a specific time-frame or into Thomas Cook Holiday Vouchers.
- Customers that sign up will have to be approved. Once you have signed up and been approved you will receive a confirmation
- To apply you can either do so through our website at www.Farlamedical.co.uk or there will be an application form in our
catalogue which you can send to us via post.
- All members of the scheme must be residents of the UK and aged 18 years or over.
- Members must register their personal details and keep Farla informed of any changes. Farla cannot be held responsible for
any loss of points or vouchers incurred as a result of out of date details.
- The Farla Points Scheme, in whatever form, is not transferable, cannot be copied and can only be used by the member who is
named and registered for the scheme.
- Farla cannot accept personal home addresses or contact details for registration purposes. All contact details must be of
the GP Surgery registering in the Loyalty Scheme.
- Vouchers and points remain the responsibly of the account holder, as do any security details relating to the account. Farla
cannot be held responsible for any loss arising from the member failing to ensure the safe-keeping of these items.
- Farla may decline to issue, withdraw or cancel The Farla points scheme accounts, vouchers and points, in whatever form, and
/ or remove a member from the scheme at any time where there is a reasonable belief of:
- Any abuse or attempted abuse of the scheme.
- Any breach or attempted breach of these terms and conditions.
- Any behaviour relating to Farla that involves theft, misconduct, abusive or offensive behaviour or supplying false or
- The accounting system will hold the loyalty points to voucher value ratio and will control the draw-down of loyalty points
when converted into vouchers both via the web service and manually (i.e. 1 point = 1 pence), for every pound spent you will
receive one point, this might vary in the future.
- Customers will not be able to use loyalty points earned against an order until the order has been invoiced.
- Once you have received the points, it can either be redeemed for financial value against the purchase or substituted into
Thomas Cook Vouchers. You must have up to a certain amount of points in order for it to be substituted into Thomas Cook
- Points awarded at the time of the transaction or vouchers already issued may be removed or cancelled if Farla determines
that the points were collected in breach of these terms and conditions or were awarded in error. For the avoidance of
doubt, any advice or actions of our staff that is contrary to these terms and conditions will not have the effect of
changing these terms and conditions.
- Farla is under no obligation to award points or vouchers for any reason outside of qualifying transactions.
- Vouchers and points, in whatever form, are issued by and remain the property of Farla which may, at any time, terminate the
scheme or alter or amend the conditions of operation of the scheme.
- Vouchers will be restricted by a URN. It will only be possible to use a voucher to pay for sale orders generated against
that specific company. Vouchers and points cannot be transferred, bought, sold or in any way traded.
- Every 3 months we will redeem your loyalty points into vouchers. The vouchers will be sent to the customer via post.
- To be awarded points, members must spend over a certain amount on qualifying products in a single transaction. The amount
of points awarded may change and will vary depending on the products bought and the amount spent.
- Points will not be awarded for non-qualifying products, including some pharmaceuticals. Other products may also be excluded
from the scheme at the discretion of Farla.
- Farla may set a limit on the number of times points may be awarded for promotional items on which additional points are
available. Individual promotions may have different limits as communicated in their purchase conditions. Any participation
in promotional offers above and beyond what could objectively be considered consumer behaviour or personal use may be
considered an abuse of the scheme.
- Loyalty point balances will be added to the monthly statement report.
- The loyalty point scheme will run every 3 months to generate vouchers and send them out to costumers. The following changes
will be made to achieve this:
- Vouchers will be generated automatically for ALL customers with a loyalty points balance that is equal to or greater
than the equivalent of a £5 voucher, as per the ratio defined in the system (see point 3 above).
- Vouchers generated automatically will have an Expiry Date of 3 months from the date of generation.
- An email will be sent to all customers for whom vouchers have been created.
- Changing the loyalty point to pound ratio will only impact sale orders that have not yet been issued. It will not change
loyalty point balances against costumers retrospectively.
- When applicable, VAT will be calculated against the entire sale order when a voucher is used to pay for part or all of a
- Potentially loyalty points will ‘go negative’ in a situation where a customer has redeemed loyalty points on their account
and then returned the goods from previous orders that, effectively, ‘lose’ them loyalty points.
- Farla will have the legal right to invoice any account that falls at a minus of loyalty points.
- Farla is entitled to remove points at any time if products are returned for any reason and a full or partial refund of the
purchase price is given. This also applies to the exchange of products, unless the exchange is for products with an
equivalent points value.
- Loyalty points calculated at the point of issuing a sales order will be based upon the sterling value of the order. This
will be calculated based on the appropriate currency conversion rate configuration in the system at the point of issuing
the sales order.
- If Farla change the loyalty point to pound ratio this has the potential to deflate/ inflate the value of redeemed loyalty
points at the point of doing this.
- Vouchers will be rounded up to 2dp.
- Sales orders will always earn loyalty points (when the option is enabled against the customer), regardless of how they’ve
been paid. I.e. Sales orders paid by credit note, voucher, on account etc. will ALL earn loyalty points when they are issued.
- Loyalty point balances on the basic reports will NOT include the loyalty points earned on the currently printed document
when they are printed prior to the invoice being issued.
- Part-despatches could cause Farla rounding issues for loyalty points (i.e. costumer could earn fewer, or more, loyalty
points than they are expected to). With points being earned per product there is less chance of this occurring, but it is
still possible. Points are earned at the point of issuing a sales order.
- Farla will delete expired vouchers using the existing functionality screen.
- Members can choose to leave the scheme at any time. By leaving the scheme members forfeit the right to any points or
vouchers already accrued or issued.
- The Terms and Conditions may vary according to the company’s regulations.